May 02, 2012

Ugly Shoes And Chopped Up Dentists

I've posted about my upcoming Comicon adventure before but now it's getting very close and I have almost all of my costume done! I did decide to dress up as Ai from Hell Girl and I am just putting the finishing touches on my outfit. Yesterday I bought the red contacts and I hope they look good and not cheesy and pink looking like I've seen some do. Also, I'm terrified because I have never worn contacts in my life and I have the hardest time even getting eye drops in there without being held down and my eyes forced open. Yeah, it's that bad. The only thing I need now are the shoes which I really don't want to spend money on because they look something like this:

I find them very very ugly and I will never ever wear them besides when I'm in costume.

Other than that, not a whole lot happening. I did start learning Salsa; taught by my long-haired cousin, David. I was never very good at any dancing that wasn't freestyle, but he made it easy to pick up! I think I'm going to try and take some dance classes this coming fall, if my schedule allows it. Yes, I'm going to school this fall, which is exciting but not that exciting because I am only going to be able to take 1-3 night classes because I have to work full time. If only I could win the lottery so I could afford to go to school full time and not have to work. Not to mention getting a car that works properly and doesn't require so much gas! It's like that plant from the Little Shop of Horrors, it's ALWAYS hungry and it's so painful to fill up the tank that it's almost as bad as having to chop up your dentist to feed it! (If you haven't seen that movie, I'm guessing you're kind of weirded out).

Aaaaand no boy news. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch (cool word). And I'm okay with that. I think now is a good time to start getting to know myself better and learn to train myself. Self-discipline, yes!! It's also a good time to learn to live with myself because no matter what I do, I will not be able to get rid of me. My constant companion; so we might as well get along.

I hope your day is going as good as, or even better than mine!

And let's hope I look somewhat like Ai when Comicon rolls around! (I may have to chop off my nose).

No comments:

Post a Comment