May 15, 2012

Cowboy Adventures

This past weekend was very fun. Contrary to my normal hermit-like ways, I've been hanging around a fun group of friends (some from my hiking trip). We planned to go out to Goldfield Ghost Town in Apache Junction and I found it all very entertaining. My favorite part were the dressed up cowboys who did a shoot-out skit for us, and they looked so very authentic!



I think I was freaking out about their authenticity all day, right down to their awesome beards! 






The town itself was a fun place to roam about. We even hit up the local Saloon and had a great lunch with live music! I'm certainly not a fan of country music but I really enjoyed this guy. We were the loudest ones in there, whooping and hollering for him after every song. I'm sure he was a little embarrassed but we were his #1 fans! 




We even got to hang out with a rowdy cowboy on stilts. He was a strange character, but I didn't mind grabbing onto his leather-clad cowboy leg.


All in all, a very fun trip and I suggest you check it out if you have a free Saturday. 









No comments:

Post a Comment