June 11, 2012

Zombie Mondays

Four hours of sleep and I'm blazing my way through work. I'm not exactly tired but I have a feeling that I will be by the time 2:00 rolls around. Weekends are for sleeping but my body loves to wake me up for work every day of the week, so Saturday morning I was awake at 6:30, forced myself to sleep for an hour and then got up at 7:30 and read until it was an acceptable time to wake up my sister. I was determined to let at least one of us sleep in. Saturday was nice and long and despite breaking a (full) 5 gallon jug of water in the laundry room, it was a pretty good day. That boy and I got through the 4th Star Wars movie, even though he slept through the good parts (he's really good at that) and played a game similar to Apples to Apples with my sister and her boyfriend. I'm proud to say that I won. Beat everyone. Winner. That's me.

Sunday was nice as well but I found myself crawling out of bed at noon with barely enough time to get ready before church. That evening I had dinner at the boy's house with his family and I loved it because it reminded me so much of my big, loud family when we are all together (whom I will be visiting in 3 weeks). I really miss them. :( Later that evening we went to a church social thing where I recognized only one person and then headed back to my place to finally make cookies (we always intend to, just never follow through). They turned out great this time, or rather, the ones I didn't burn turned out great. I'm not quite used to this oven yet. The boy and I really had so much fun. We listened to 40s big band music, ate too much cookie dough, and danced around the kitchen, swing style. Afterwards we crashed on the couch and watched some Bill Cosby. Once again, the boy fell asleep so I mostly just listened and tried not to doze off myself (this is what work does to you, folks. Drains you of your life force).

So back to today, almost a zombie and temporarily foodless. I know I will get though the day with little or no casualties and it was already made a little bit brighter because I got a letter from my lady love, Ruby, who has been in basic training for the past few weeks. I love that girl, although I do have my share of scars from her.

I've been blessed with a lot of mail today so hopefully work will go by quickly and I can be productive. Here's to Zombie Mondays!



No comments:

Post a Comment