June 22, 2012

Post Party

Last night I was an emotional wreck and I really can't pin point a reason. My closest guess would be a slowly building pile of stress that eventually tipped over and fell right on me. It wasn't really how I wanted to end my birthday but we can't always get what we want. I crawled into bed around 9:30 because in my 20 years I have discovered that sometimes the best way to get over a bad mood is to just go to sleep, no matter how early it is. So I lay there wrapped in too many blankets trying to make my mind stop running through all the things I need to do, but to no avail.

Around 10 I heard my phone buzz with a text notification; it was the boy asking if I was asleep yet (I wasn't able to see him that day because he had work in the evening). I messaged him back and then he gave me a call. Thankfully just a few minutes on the phone with him made me feel so much better. He is a very positive person and a great example in my life and although I am still a little stressed, the eight hour of sleep and his reassurance is helping me through today. The weekend will be much better for me because even though all the things I need to do are still there, at least I don't have to worry about work during the whole thing.

Once I get my car back up and running I think things will calm down just a bit. And I still have the boy to help me out (he's great at taking care of me) so I think things will be okay. I just need to get rid of these waves that keep hitting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment