November 01, 2011

The Key To Happiness: Go Outside.

There is something so very serene about night. I love it best when it's neutral, neither not or cold. Last night was one of those nights. I sat in our driveway with my aunt, uncle, and cousin. We had a little table set up with glowing orange lights and a big bowl of candy that constantly had to be refilled. My aunt brought us dinner so we could eat outside and we sat there enjoying the warm meal and watching the kids running from house to house with parents in tow.

As the flow of kids started to thin out, I pulled my knees up to my chest and just took in the the soft night air and reveled in the fact that I wasn't busy, wasn't rushed or tired or stressed. The best word to describe it would be peaceful. I am pretty thankful for nights like that. I wouldn't complain if I had a few more.

While nights are amazing, today was lovely. I left my office to walk out to the mail box and I walked as slow as possible because the sun was shining on my (very white) legs and face, it was relatively quiet, and I smelled freshly cut grass (one of my favorites). I fantasized of moving my desk outside and working from there. One of my least favorite things about working is the fact that I can't go outside during the nicest parts of the day, especially since I have huge windows surrounding my desk so I always know what the weather is like.

So my plan is simple. This Saturday will hopefully have fair weather and I will spend my day outside. I think I will even wash my car, something I've only done once since I moved down here. This is what I'll do, and I will be happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment