November 18, 2011

Not All Boys Are Scum

I'd have to say that yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a very long time. Days like that are pretty rare just because it was so jam packed with good things. Abnormally so. First off, I didn't have to go to work, automatically making it one of the best days of the week. Sleeping in was on my to-do list but my internal clock just had to wake me up at 6:45 so after a quick potty break, I forced myself to go back to sleep.

I was awoken by a phone call since I slept through my alarm. Luckily it was a very cute boy on the other line so the wake up call was nice instead of disrupting. So this boy lets me know his flight is a bit delayed (which was good because that changed all our plans which worked out great). I took my sweet time getting ready, making sure I took time doing all the girly getting ready things I usually skip when I'm in a hurry for work. Once I was presentable I took off for the airport to pick up my long-distance man. Our plans had been to go to the zoo but due to the delayed flight, hungry tummies and other factors, we decided to do some grocery shopping, watch a movie and be happy.

I had pre-paid tickets for the Breaking Dawn premier, not for the midnight showing...but a 7:00 showing, and due to a very wonderful sister who so thoughtfully gave up her ticket, I was able to take this very cute boy with me. I only felt slightly sorry for him since he knew next to nothing about Twilight. I gladly gave him a quick run through of the first 3 books. I give major kudos to this boy who had sworn never to get involved with anything Twilight. I'm pretty sure that means he likes me : )

I must say, going to the midnight showing means you're a true dedicated fan. Going to the 7:00 even earlier showing means you're an even more rabid crazy fan, so it wasn't surprising that whenever a character makes an appearance (ie: Jacob ripping off his shirt) all the girls in the theater scream and make cat calls. Sometimes I must say that I am embarrassed by my gender.

I would also like to say that I was thankful to have my man next to me so I didn't have to watch this most tender of love stories wishing that I had a man next to me. If you're reading this, thank you. <3

All in all, a very very good day and I'm thinking this weekend will be even better.

Now here's a little something for y'all.

(I was going to post a shirtless picture... but I felt like a creeper)

No comments:

Post a Comment