November 07, 2011

Pre-Turkey Day List

I keep seeing posts on Facebook of things people are thankful for. One for each day of the month, I'm guessing. I felt a little left out and possibly ungrateful so I decided to make a list of things I'm thankful for. Commencing to start!

  • My siblings. We used to fight like rabid hamsters but now that we're older and spread out, we miss each other dearly and have mostly civil conversations now. They are my best friends.
  • My parents. They are the dynamic duo. They complete each other. They are also the silliest and most fun people I know. I would give up a whole paycheck just to hang out with them for a night. 
  • Eternal families. I'm so thankful my parents were married in the temple and that our whole family is now sealed together forever and that is exactly what I want.
  • My animals. Whether it be my fish here in AZ or my cute array of animals back home, there is not much that can make me smile like they can.
  • My job. I'd say it was sheer luck that I landed this job. I was under-qualified and yet I still get to have a job I love and a great work environment.
  • My body. Whoa, I'm not getting all conceited here! I'm just saying I'm glad I have a body that can walk, run, talk, see, and do almost anything I tell it too. I don't want to take a functioning body for granted.
  • My friends. So these guys are a bit more spread out than my family. Although I don't get to talk to them as much as we did back in the day, I still think about them and hope they are doing well. 
  • Teachers. I've had so many of these. Church, school, family, so many people taught me so many different things. I'm glad they took their time and energy to help me better myself.
  • My talents. So far I'm still figuring out what they are, but I know I'll make use of the ones i'm sure of.
  • Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. I know I don't talk about religion very much but that doesn't mean I don't think about it and my love for my savior and all the blessings that I am given daily, even when I know I don't deserve it.
  • Music. Although I can't sing very well and I may be a bit rusty of the sax, I still enjoy music and the richness it brings to my life. 
  • The earth. Many days I go home with the top down and feel the wind on my face, watch the sunset and take in the palm trees silhouetted against the sky. This earth is beautiful.
I'm out of time. Believe me, I could have done quite a few more. I may do this again later but in more detail. Also, I am thankful for my car. I just hope it starts so I can get home tonight. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment