October 29, 2012

Do What We Want Weekend

Usually there are always things that need to be done, events to attend, or work to commute to. Through a series of miraculous events I was able to have work off on Friday so Thursday night began my weekend. Adam and I celebrated by going out to Thai Basil and if you ever go there, I would recommend the yellow curry.

Friday was wonderful. The only thing I had planned was a doctors appointment around 10 but that morning I was woken up by a call from Adam saying "Put your shoes on. I'll be at your house in 30 seconds." Still adorned in my pjs and with hair flying wild, I went downstairs to find Adam at my door, still in his pjs, who then literally dragged me out of my house with no explanation until we got in the car and I saw what he had in the backseat. It was a giant pirate ship kite!




After our impromptu kite flying adventure and my doctors appointment, we decided we were going to take our free day to climb South Mountain. (We did get sidetracked at the Mesa Art Center for a while before we finally made our way to Phoenix). The hike was great and the weather couldn't have been better. No one got first blood this time but we did have fun watching the sun set and the city of Phoenix light up below us. 

Adam on the sacrificial altar.

We were trying to get the city in the back ground but we aren't very good at self photo shots.

Looking studly with Phoenix in the background.

At the top of South Mountain.


After we walked down to where we parked we drove up to a vantage point to check out the city lights. It was wonderful but the wiggly road made me very car sick for the rest of the evening. Later that night I took some aspirin for my headache and I guess my stomach didn't like that very much because I spent the rest of the night puking my intestines out. 

Other than that, Friday was great. All plans for Saturday were canceled due to my dead stomach so Adam took care of me and brought over the essentials to make me fee better: ginger ale, saltine crackers, Pride and Prejudiced, Ever After, and Rambo parts 1-4. Adam knows how to pamper a girl. 




No comments:

Post a Comment