September 11, 2012

Built To Create

I was built for something creative, I just know it. Although I have a wonderful job, I find it unsatisfying. A lot of you will say "That's how jobs are supposed to be". I believe in doing what you love and loving what you do. Don't take this as I'm going to up and quit my job, I just want to add a few more creative hobbies so I can get a release from all this built up creative energy. With a full time job, some school, a very sweet boyfriend, and attempts to go to the gym, I'm having a hard time finding a few minutes to do something creative.

So here is my new crusade: You may have read a while ago about how I was excited to go to Comicon and dress up as a character (called "cosplay"). Well that's what I want to do more of. I want to create new costumes and this time I'll make it, not just buy it.

This is how my costume came out. 
Not a fail (I hope) but not as good as I wanted.

There is this blog I follow that belongs to a girl who does cosplay for a loving and boy, is she good!


I understand that she has been doing this for years and has a lot of time to do so, so I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll be able to produce a costume like that. She is an inspiration though.

Thankfully Halloween is coming up fairly soon so I get another chance to dress up, and while I still haven't decided, I'm jittery with excitement. Even though I get at least two days out of the year with an excuse to dress up, I think I'm going to do it just for the fun of it. Call me weird if you want, but this is one of the things I love the most. 



No comments:

Post a Comment