March 13, 2012

Hesitant Men

One thing that amuses me greatly is the dynamic between men and women. Last Saturday I got my hair dyed from my normal red color to a very dark brown (pics to follow, maybe). A few people knew my plan but most everyone was surprised by the sudden change in color. I was interested to see who at work would mention anything. As I expected, right when I come in the office the girls say how much they like it and complement my stylist and we chat about salon prices. The guys are a different story.

First they look at you a little longer then usual, no doubt wondering if something is different at all, then they seem like they are about to say something, but no. They are wary from the times they asked a female if they got their hair done and she says she did, two weeks ago and they just never noticed. So initially they are hesitant, and my favorite thing is I can see all this playing across their faces, wordlessly. Once they finally muster the courage to ask,"Did you do something to your hair?" and I answer yes, a look of relief washes over them and they say "looks good" or something to that effect when really they are internally celebrating for getting it right.

I'm pretty sure most of you ladies know what I'm talking about, and so do the men.



I'm sure most of you don't even know what my natural color looks like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment