January 02, 2012

Bringing In 2012 With Carnage

I missed midnight on New Years day....by 5 minutes. I was okay with it tho, just because I was having fun playing arcade games with my dear Richard. We played a dual-team shooter game at Dave & Busters, a very fun game place (kind of like the mature version of Chuck E Cheese). As I sat there with my feet propped up on the pegs, my hands guiding the mounted machine gun and spraying down unidentified "bad guys", I looked over at Rich and thought, this is going to be a good year. After we completed that level of carnage, we smiled and did a foot high-five.

Starting January 16, I will have been in Arizona for a full year. It really doesn't seem like it's been that long but then again, I'm pretty comfortable here. I do miss Washington, my friends and family, but moving was probably one of the best choices I've made so far. Just a few days after the new year and I start over in a new place. Kind of like a clean slate. I don't think I made any resolutions for 2011 (if I did, I don't remember) but this year I'm going to make some that are do-able. Maybe if I write them down, I'll be able to check in every once in a while to see my progress.

2011 2012 Resolutions!
  • Sell at least 2 of my paintings.
  • Complete my visiting teaching every month.
  • Exercise regularly.
  • Get into school.
  • Make a music video.
  • Finish The Book of Mormon again.
  • Learn 3 new songs on my saxophone. 
  • Remember to write 2012 instead of 2011 by February 1st.
    • I at least got this one completed!!
There could be more added, but I think this is a good start. I advise all y'all to do the same and write your resolutions down!


No comments:

Post a Comment