December 29, 2011

Attempted Vixen

I wore lipstick today. It's a very dark, dark, dark, plum/brown/red. That's the best description I've got. For those who don't know me very well, I never wear lipstick. Eh, I take that back. The only time I wore lipstick was on dress up days at school and Halloween where I busted out my goth black lipstick. I loved that stuff and if I could, I'd wear that almost every day. The only reason I don't is to save myself from even more odd looks.

This new lipstick is a lovely color. I spotted it in Saphora (I think that's where I was) while I was waiting for my sister to pick out her stuff. I put a tab bit on my lips and jokingly asked my mom if I should get it. She replied (non-jokingly) that I should. So right there, I dropped $20 bucks and bought the darn thing. I had this image in my head that I would put it on and BAM! I'd be this dark, sultry vixen with pouty lips, ready to make all the boys crawl and the women green with envy. When I looked in the mirror, however, it was more like... "oh." I'm not saying it looks horrible, I'm just saying it didn't that the effect I was hoping for (a girl can dream, right?).

The lipstick might help a bit in an effort to start looking my age. On my flight to Washington this last Thursday, I happened to be sitting in the emergency exit row. The flight attendant asked us if we were over 15, but as she said that she looked directly at me with a raised eyebrow and a tone that said "you better not lie to me!". I was asked again on my flight back whether I was over 18 yet while I was heading through security. That may be due to the fact that I was wearing a bright blue Pikachu hoodie.

Ah yes, Christmas! I've been gone all week visiting my family in Washington. I had a blast hanging out with my family (all were able to make it home for Christmas).

It was fun seeing my very pregnant sister 
for the first time in several months.

I went around the house taking pictures
and telling everyone to look "fierce and fly"
This is the result:



Mom didn't understand the first time

2nd time was much better.

Our tree that was barely taller than me.

One of my favorite Christmas presents.
Feel free to laugh. I did.

I should have taken more pictures but I was too busy eating and chasing my family around the house. Despite popular belief, I love Christmas and the Season of Hope where we can spend time with those we love to celebrate the birth of our Savior. I'm glad to be back in Arizona but my home will always be with my family.

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a great New Year to come.

My sad attempt at being sultry.

(I need to get more black lipstick...)

No comments:

Post a Comment