January 03, 2012

A Romantic Scene - A Surprise

The Setting: Monday night at the LDS Temple.
 

Rich and I were walking the grounds, chatting and being nice to each other. The air was cool but not cold. We walked past my favorite pond and sat down on a bench right in front of the temple overlooking the general splendor. We talked some more. He kissed me on the forehead and said sweet things. There was no one else on the grounds besides us and a group of visitors off in the distance. I was sitting there thinking of how nice the night was when he got nervous and started to mumble a bit as he spoke. Then he said, "I'm not very good with words, but..." and proceeded to get down on one knee in front of me. My mind went 2 billion miles per second and I think my heart stopped. He reached into his pocket and pulled out...  his phone. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless and he burst into laughter.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I beat him senseless after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment