July 26, 2012

Gym Incompetency

Last night Adam and I went to his gym so I could test out the facility and see if I wanted to switch. I must say, I was really impressed with their layout and general cleanliness/modern look. My old gym serves its purpose but that's about it. It's completely utilitarian. Adam's gym also has a pool/sauna/hot tub/steam room which I think is worth the extra cash.

Anyway, we spent the next hour+ going through our workouts. Even though I've been in gyms since my Junior year of High School, I always feel like a noob when I go with someone else. I was on a cable machine doing what I thought was a really awkward feeling workout when Adam comes up to me and says "I love you, but you're doing that backwards." As my face turned red, I realized why the lift was so uncomfortable, so I turn around and try it the right way, trying to keep what dignity I had left.

The workout got better after that and I got back into the groove of things. I have a feeling that I'll be switching to this gym just because it's so clean looking and well organized. Sorry, old gym. It was never going to work out between us. You were too old and manly.

*I'm just going to say that I could go to a gym every day 
purely to watch Adam work out. Wowza.*

After our gym expedition, we headed home around 11:20. Adam looks at me and says "Do you feel like being a little naughty and staying up to finish The Fellowship?" (We recently moved on to Lord of the Rings after we finished StarWars). I figured I was still young and didn't need much sleep, so I agreed and we finished the first movie around 12:40. Adam went home after that and I crawled into bed, knowing that getting up tomorrow was going to be worse than usual because of the workout.

Lo and behold, I was late for work again this morning. Sleep deprivation + first workout in a while = death. So here I am at work, kind of sore and pretty tired but at least I'm in a good mood.

Now for some workout related ecards because I have a thing for the funnies.





No comments:

Post a Comment