June 27, 2011

Blame It On The Books

Blog...

Blllloooooogg.

Bllllog.

That's a really gross sounding word. Blog. Sounds like a morbidly obese man barfing.
Sorry if that ruined the experience for you. I'm just feeling feisty today. I feel like running wild because I currently feel trapped as well. Someone has a collar around me and I don't appreciate it much. In fact, I think it's downright safe to say I hate it with a passion.

I didn't want to go to bed last night, and I really didn't want to get up this morning. And although I am super thankful for the great job that I have, I would love to be far away from here right now. I blame this on books. They make me jealous and screw with my mind. I'd say if I'm not seriously focused on something, then I am daydreaming. Probably 92% of my waking life is spent in some little fantasy cloud. Seriously, 92%.

Crap, I just got the Preamble to the Constitution stuck in my head...

I need to get out of here. But if I do, I'll just have another commitment to do when I get home and it's almost worse than work at this point. See how I'm trapped? There are more important things than these mindless tasks I do all day. Sure, it's important to my bosses, but for some reason Law doesn't hold my interest.  Once again, I blame it on the books. All those books that I love, the ones I hate. The ones that stare at me on the shelf, itching my curiosity, until I break down and have to buy it.

I'd say it's a love/hate relationship. They have this way of making my life seem uninteresting, unimportant, unfulfilling, uninspired, un... yeah. You get the point. But there is no way I'd ever stop reading them. Sometimes you just need an escape. I just have to be careful to not get addicted to it.

My brain is warped.

I need to get back to pretending like I have something to do. Sorry for the negativity and ranting.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment